Monday, September 21, 2009

trip to the skatepark



We went to the skatepark at Warden and Ellesmere on the weekend. It was rammed with children everywhere! They were all much better skaters than I, zippin' around! So I felt I needed to prove myself by aggressively trying to jump a 6 stair gap and grind a metal bar. Needless to say, I slammed a lot, and every time I slammed I was met with concerned looks and comments from my junior companions, "Whoa! are you okay?" I'm not sure if it was their higher-pitched voices but I would respond with an angry, frustrated, "Ya, I'm fine! (aargh! leave me alone!)" I even re-injured my toe--which was slowly healing from having a futon dropped on it a few weeks ago (don't ask). Anyway, I've concluded that skateparks are a conundrum of embarrassment: if I go during the afternoon and evening, all the good skaters are shredding it up, and if I go during the morning, all the good lil' skaters are shredding it up. And their parents are watching from their suv's. And they're probably the same age as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment